Adding to Cart
Please wait while we update your cart...
Failed to Add to Cart
Successfully Added to CartContinue to Checkout
Updating one moment please...
Green Glue Compound is an award winning damping compound used between two rigid materials such as drywall, wood, and other similar materials. Although there are a couple other damping adhesive brands on the market, Green Glue Compound has consistently rated higher than the competition in every tested wall construction.
The Green Glue Dispensing Gun is only available for purchase with five gallon pails of Green Glue Compound. Orders of the dispensing gun without Green Glue Compound pails will be refused.
Advantages of using Green Glue Compound by the bucket instead of by the tube
- Lower cost per square foot. Buckets cost about .15 cents per square foot less than Green Glue Compound from tubes. The difference in price is minimal in small jobs, but can equal hundreds of dollars in savings for jobs that require multiple buckets. The cost of shipping is also less with buckets because roughly half as many boxes are shipped to equal the amount of square footage in each tube.
- If applied with our Green Glue Dispensing Gun, then loading the Green Glue Compound is as simple as pulling back on a lever. Load time of the dispensing gun is roughly 4 seconds compared to about 45 seconds to open an individual tube.
- Individual tubes of Green Glue Compound can be purchased so you do not have to buy more product than you need.
- Less waste on the job site. A job that requires only 3 five gallon buckets of Green Glue Compound would require almost 70 individual tubes. This could be an issue depending on the job.
- If you are applying Green Glue Compound to a sub-floor and you are familiar with using a notched trowel then installation will be much quicker than using caulking tubes.
- Most purchases of Green Glue Compound in bulk buckets requires the use of our Green Glue Dispensing Gun. It is very difficult to trowel Green Glue Compound if you are not familiar with using a trowel. Even if you are familiar with a trowel, applying using a trowel can lead to more mess and using too little or too much Green Glue Compound.
- You may end up having to purchase more Green Glue Compound than your job requires. This can be reduced by supplementing with individual tubes of Green Glue Compound. Often though the lower cost of the buckets will make up for having to buy more product than you need.
- Unless you buy multiple Green Glue Dispensing Guns then you will be limited to one 'application station'. For most jobs this will not be an issue. Larger jobs could benefit from having multiple people applying at one time.
- The Green Glue Dispensing Gun requires cleanup when you are finished using it. Cleanup is very easy and quick, but some jobs do not have the necessary water pressure to accommodate this requirement.
Green Glue Compound is fast to install, easy to use, highly cost effective, and it works. Independent lab tests prove that just one layer of Green Glue Compound between two layers of drywall or other similar building material will achieve an STC rating that will satisfy even the most stringent building codes. Unlike competitive soundproofing products, Green Glue Compound cuts out the low frequency noises commonly produced by home entertainment, theater systems, and band rehearsal areas. Applying Green Glue Compound using regular caulking tubes is the most popular method of applying Green Glue Compound. It is simple to open the tubes and there is no clean-up involved. For large projects you can have multiple people applying the Green Glue Compound with caulking guns, making installation very quick.
Starting at around 65¢ per square foot, Green Glue Compound delivers unbeatable value and performance. It is perfect for residential and commercial use and is just as easy to use in new construction as it is on existing walls or in renovation projects. Since Green Glue Compound is used as a damping agent you can improve the performance of any wall without worrying about the triple leaf effect which is a common problem with retrofit installations when using resilient sound clip systems. In addition, Green Glue Compound has been validated for use in any fire rated assembly according to the International Building Code. It also does not contribute to mold growth, is low V.O.C., and has almost no odor. Green Glue Compound can be easily cleaned up while still wet with soap and water.
|5 Gallon Bucket Coverage With Dispensing Gun||With 1/8" Notched Trowel|
|Supreme:||245 square feet per bucket||215 square feet per bucket|
|Normal:||365 square feet per bucket||325 square feet per bucket|
|Good:||730 square feet per bucket||650 square feet per bucket|
Supreme: 3 tubes per 4' x 8' sheet or 1 tube per 10 square feet, will provide no audible improvement in STC ranges over the Normal coverage option, but it will provide a roughly 40% increase in low frequencies over the Normal coverage option. Supreme coverage is useful in home theaters, recording studios, and band practice areas when a high level of performance in low frequencies is required.
Normal: 2 tubes per 4' x 8' sheet or 1 tube per 16 square feet, is the recommended coverage amount for most sound isolation projects. Normal coverage yields great results in both STC ratings (high frequency) and OITC ratings (low frequency). Normal coverage is the coverage used in all Green Glue Compound tests available online.
Good: 1 tube per 4' x 8' sheet or 1 tube per 32 square feet, is a cost effective solution for sound isolation problems. The performance of this coverage amount is about 35% less than results provided by Normal coverage, but Good coverage still outperforms products like sound board, homasote, and resilient channel. This option is definitely worth considering if you are on a tight budget, but still want a higher level of performance than other options.
Please contact us if you need help with estimating for this product.
Green Glue Compound is foolproof to install and functions exactly as advertised. The performance of Green Glue Compound will exceed building code requirements for multi-family housing and commercial buildings. Reviews from our customers have been consistently positive and Green Glue Compound has remained our #1 selling product for well over two years. Green Glue Compound has been tested more than any sound isolation product on the market. These tests prove that Green Glue Compound is not only a very effective option for sound isolation, but also the best damping compound available on the market. Green Glue Compound actually rates 8 STC points higher than a staggered stud wall with double drywall on one side. That is a considerably higher STC rating.
|.PDF Sound Test||.PDF Sound Test|
Five gallon Green Glue Compound buckets contain 640 ounces of Green Glue Compound which means each bucket is equal to just under 23 tubes of Green Glue Compound. Each load of the dispensing gun is equal to 1 tube of Green Glue Compound so estimating with the dispensing gun is very easy. Applying Green Glue Compound with the dispensing gun is as simple as inserting the orange cone nozzle into the bucket, pulling back on the 'T' lever and from there you dispense as you would with any caulking gun device. We keep the cost of our dispensing gun low by stocking several guns at all of our locations. To learn more about our dispensing gun please click here.
To use Green Glue Compound between layers of drywall on your walls or ceiling, dispense Green Glue Compound in an "S"-like pattern evenly over the paper surface of the second layer of drywall and then screw the second layer of drywall onto the first layer with a standard screw pattern. Be sure to leave a 2" perimeter along the edges of each sheet of drywall so you can mount the drywall in place, and to give the Green Glue Compound some expansion room as it is compressed between the drywall sheets.
When applying with a square notched trowel in between layers of sub-floor on your floors then you would apply the Green Glue Compound as evenly as possible with a 1/8" square notched trowel to the area of the floor you are going to screw the new layer to. You will still want to screw the second layer of sub-floor rather than nailing so the Green Glue Compound can properly compress. Be careful when applying with a trowel because it is very easy to over apply the Green Glue Compound. For increased performance in low frequencies then apply the Green Glue Compound with a 1/4" square notched trowel.
While the dispensing gun will last around 365 square feet at normal coverage, expect application with a 1/8" square notched trowel to last around 325 square feet.
|Active Content:||68% +/-5%|
|Working Time:||>30 minutes|
|Cure Time:||7 days|
|Viscosity:||Light Paste (65,000 cps)|
|Flash Point:||>200 deg F|
|Application Temp:||40-90 deg F|
|Damping Factor:||Typically 0.50+ with 2*5/8 fire code drywall (3X higher than any competitive product we are aware of)|
|Coverage:||Approximately 365 square feet at full coverage|
Official Green Glue Compound Documents
|Green Glue Compound Spec Sheet||View Data|
|Green Glue Compound Moisture Test||View Data|
|Green Glue Compound Mold Test||View Data|
|Green Glue Compound Flame Test||View Data|
|Green Glue Compound MSDS||View Data|
|Green Glue Compound LEEDs Information||View Data|
|Green Glue Compound Formaldehyde Test||View Data|